X12 to X14 - How to Import Catalogs

Ange822

Go to solution Solved by Eric_S,

Hi there - I am upgrading from X12 to X14, I have been able to export / import my hot keys and User Catalogues, any ideas how to export / import the Chief Bonus Catalogs and Manufacturer Catalogs without exporting each individual library?

Screenshot 2022-10-31 094238.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-31 094255.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-31 094310.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-31 094606.jpg

1 hour ago, Joe_Carrick said:

If they didn't get transferred on the upgrade then you can do one of 2 things:

• Copy from the X12 "Chief Architect Premier X12 Data\Database Libraries\" Folder
  • Import from Chief Architect Web Site

Hi Joe - I thought that worked, but it seems that the textures are missing?

Screenshot 2022-10-31 125613.jpg

1 hour ago, DBCooper said:

I think the migration guide might be a good resource in this case:

https://cloud.chiefarchitect.com/1/pdf/documentation/chief-architect-x14-migration-guide.pdf

I think the problem is, I didn't get the pop up or by accident exited out when I first downloaded X14. I might try un-installing X14, and re-installing it.

10 minutes ago, Ange822 said:

I think the problem is, I didn't get the pop up or by accident exited out when I first downloaded X14. I might try un-installing X14, and re-installing it.

I tried in-installing / re-installing and it's still showing all the texture files as missing. Very frustrating.

• Solution

Hello Angela,

The textures for Bonus, Core & Manufacturer Libraries are stored in the Referenced Files folder. Please try copying all of the files from

C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X12\Referenced Files\

to

C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X14\Referenced Files\

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just as an FYI for those that read this later with similar problems. 

The automatic migration of things like templates, toolbars, and libraries only works when you are installing the new version on the same machine as the old version.  If you are installing on a different machine, you will have to do it manually.  If you did not migrate everything you needed and then want to run it again, reinstalling won't help.  You can go into your preferences though and use the "reset migration" button.

The migration guide I posted the link to above also has lots of good info on how to solve migration problems.

• Upvote 1