Light Specifications (Drop Off Rate)

nikiley

Has anyone figured out how to determine what the drop off rate is for a light from the manufacturer's specification? I have a suspicion that it involves the CBCP value, and if so, what the magic formula is to interpret that? I'm looking at some recessed lights from WAC, any help would be appreciated! 

image.thumb.png.ddcb2d4b415be3d8559127106442b630.png

https://www.waclighting.com/product/ocularc-3-0-dim-to-warm/

My suggestion would be to ask Tech. Support this question, as I am not sure that Chief has ever documented the Light Data Info that well? other than 1 paragraph in the manual starting around page 688.  If they give you some insight, please post back here so we are all aware of how it works, thanks.

image.thumb.png.b8f244b30c3e2fb263ac5906dd6f6dd3.png

22 hours ago, nikiley said:

any help would be appreciated!

CBCP isn't going to be applicable here, accept for maybe comparing two light offerings. It really comes down to lumens vs degree. If you are trying to match this in lighting(which will never be 100% accurate) You would use 2 light sources. One at a higher lumen value with say 150 degree cut off angle and a 2 drop off, the second you would pick your lights cut-off angle , in this case S, N, or F....Let's say we chose F at 50 degrees, that would be your second lights cutoff angle. The narrower the cut-off angle the greater the drop off rate. So for the F I would say drop off at 50, or for S drop off at 300. Change your two lights colors so you can clearly see the effect. To try and fake the CBCP you would turn down the narrow angles lumens.
Keep in mind more light sources slows down sample times
image.thumb.png.aed253c9d71e15fcfd8313efa66b0ee2.png