Flaired Stairs And Raised Railing

Dennis_Gavin

Use a ramp and set the top a bottom heights to the same height as the top of the first stair, turn off the the railings on the landing and give the layer a name you can turn off later.

Have railings set to follow stairs, and they will adjust to the height of the top of the ramp.

Create an invisible wall that is 1/2" thick, and place it between the deck and stairs so the railings don't connect to the deck. 

In this case I set newels to 0" and placed my own manually at the first tread.

post-2874-0-15134900-1422582604_thumb.jpg

post-2874-0-14198300-1422582618_thumb.png

Yes I agree like others have said stairs and railings need to be improved, at the very least it would be nice to be able to set the top and bottom of a railing wall manually.

Your way of creating it may be the easiest way but I like being able to do everything within the plan if I can.

The other way I have done this is use the ramp parallel to the railing, so the railing follows the ramp.

I then split the railing wall where I want to post to be. (change something in the structure tab so the railing wall doesn't auto reconnect)

I then add the post manually

post-2874-0-39748300-1422649055_thumb.jpg

R-Faber, really nice one.

Dennis i agree stair and railing issues need improvements.

combination of the ramps,stair and railings follow stairs are those things I was experimenting.

Until ca does improvements, I will add one thing to Faber's nice go. I found one quality ramps possess in having controll over the railing top and bottom heights by manually making the the top and bottom heights the same to the stair or if you need to lower/raise the railing subtract/add some kvalue from the top and bottom. Around the landing(decks) make a ramp which its top and bottom height equal to landing(deck) top height(-/+ kvalue). so you will have a 0 slope ramp that you can put surrounding the edges of the landing(deck) with the desired heights. When you finish this step you will choose using the ramp railing or by making off the ramp railing,putting a railing wall to follow the ramp which fully leads us to controlled railing top and bottom height.

Regarding the newels, breaking the ramp in to number of segments in line would help also.

Thanks

Yusuf, can you attach an example of this...much appreciated!

Thanks evergreen.

Sure I will, but now here in eastern Africa it is late night and PC a bit far. Just used my smart phone for reply.

By tommorow around your 6am and my 5pm I will post an example.

Thanks