printing problem X10

sunnyseven

Hi, 

I'm having trouble getting a page printed off the plan view. When I send the page to the printer it takes forever to load and then says 1 of 1800 pages. What shows up is a blank page to be printed but I'm guessing it's a corner of the page divided into 1800 pieces. I tried switching to pdf., same blank page in the preview box. I tried resetting chief in the preference dialog but that didn't work. I'm not sure what to do next. Any ideas? I could simply click on print and the page printed fine at 95% up until a few hours ago. I was trying to get it to fill the page better and did something wrong, although I'm not sure what. 

Thanks,

Tom

31 minutes ago, sunsen said:

The drawing behind used to show up on the page that is now blank. I'm noticing it says one of one pages but at some point it told me it was the first of over 1800 pages. It's a mystery to me. 

It looks like that should work providing you just need a few rooms printed out for preliminary proofing.  Printing from plan is fine for things that will likely never be on your final layout.

One thing that my be complicating things is the print driver.  You can always print to PDF and then print the PDF which often resolves a lot of issues.

• Upvote 1

Here's what it looks like in print preview. 

It looks like your drawing sheet scale is wrong since it doesn't fit on the page.  There really isn't any reason you can't print directly from plan view but you need to make sure your drawing sheet is setup correctly and print preview is a good way of telling if it is messed up.

Yes, I think you're correct in that my page setup is wrong. I'm just unsure how to fix it. I don't seem to have a lot in the way of options as I've clicked on everything that will allow and looked into it. Any idea how to get back to just clicking on print and having the view I'm looking at on the screen pop up in the window? 

I found a saved version from before the problem that works. I'm guessing the problem must have something to do with a weird roof thing that I was attempting to do. It made the plan too big for the page, even though it wasn't showing. I could tell something was up when I was drawing that thing. Don't know why it affected printing going forward though. Thanks for taking a look at it everyone.