Adding different materials to ceiling planes.

stager386

I created 2 eaves with ceiling planes (I didn't need to draw the entire house, just a closet) and I would like to make the upper portion of the 2 eaves blend in with the ceiling color. I want the lower half of the 2 eaves to be the wall color.  I have tried cutting the ceiling planes in half, and creating the uppers in white and the lowers in the wall color. But when the upper and lower halves meet, they join and revert back to one color.   I can't add a backsplash or material region to the planes.  Any other way to do this? It took me a whole day just to get these planes positioned and sized properly enough, so I am open to knowing if there was a better method for that too.  You can see they don't even meet at the bottom the way they should.  I have zipped and reduced the file as much as possible, but it's still too large  to attach.  Here is a camera view.   Thank you!

Untitled 2.jpg

Untitled 3.jpg

Define "blend in."  To me, hearing it from an interior designer, it suggests hombre.

I drew two ceiling planes same pitch in a one-room house with roof, apart from each other, painted one blue, one left white, then dragged each to make a lower part blue and upper part white, then joined them.  See the pic.  What exactly are you looking to do?  Attach a file and you'll get a better answer.

Screenshot 2022-10-26 112219.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-26 112630.jpg

11 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Define "blend in."  To me, hearing it from an interior designer, it suggests hombre.

I drew two ceiling planes same pitch in a one-room house with roof, apart from each other, painted one blue, one left white, then dragged each to make a lower part blue and upper part white, then joined them.  See the pic.  What exactly are you looking to do?  Attach a file and you'll get a better answer.

Screenshot 2022-10-26 112219.jpg

Screenshot 2022-10-26 112630.jpg

Thanks for the reply.  I am getting some better results in the last half hour. But I still think I made this harder than necessary.   What I was having trouble with was making the lower portion of both planes a certain color. And the upper halves to match the ceiling.  Each plane has different measurements, pitch and size, so they are meeting at the bottom and then flaring out at the top, like an ice cream cone leaning over.  I can't attach the plan. It's too big, even thought I reduced all the extras and zipped it.  Thanks for your time! I am continuing to work on it.

18 minutes ago, stager386 said:

Thanks for the reply.  I am getting some better results in the last half hour. But I still think I made this harder than necessary.   What I was having trouble with was making the lower portion of both planes a certain color. And the upper halves to match the ceiling.  Each plane has different measurements, pitch and size, so they are meeting at the bottom and then flaring out at the top, like an ice cream cone leaning over.  I can't attach the plan. It's too big, even thought I reduced all the extras and zipped it.  Thanks for your time! I am continuing to work on it.

Try copying and pasting in place of both of them, then resize them each to the transition point so there is one that will be the wall color and the other ceiling color, then paint them the colors you want to see.  Copying and  pasting in place helps you not have to start over just adjust it up to where you need it.

53 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Try copying and pasting in place of both of them, then resize them each to the transition point so there is one that will be the wall color and the other ceiling color, then paint them the colors you want to see.  Copying and  pasting in place helps you not have to start over just adjust it up to where you need it.

been doing exactly that. They dont' meet properly.