Interior Room Only?

Capehouse

Hi Folks,

We are a remodeling firm and as such we do quite a few kitchens and baths. I really dont want to draw the whole house with these projects, just the room we are dealing with. The problem is when we draw just one exterior wall and then the remaining interior walls we have a problem with doors turning into exterior doors, windows flip orientation etc... I understand that Chief wants a continuous exterior wall and I could do it with invisible walls, but then nothings is centered properly when you send it to print, or even when we're just looking at it with clients. Does anyone have any suggestions or thoghts.

Thanks In Advance, Mike

Using X6

As suggested I always draw at least 4 walls. Print only from layout and select use current screen when sending to layout which makes fitting easier.

Most of the time I also draw adjacent rooms at least roughly, though often to accurate dimensions. In Chief it is so easy that I see no reason not to. It only takes a few extra field measurements and a few minutes.

I keep templates for raised ranch and split, which would take longer to set up. Or drag out an old job that was completely drawn and do a save as. I can just adjust those to suit the situation which is quick.

Clients really like that. It allows them (and me) to understand flow better, perspectives are more realistic (include the view out of their window, patio door, for backdrop. In special cases take a photo of an adjacent room and place a billboard in the doorway)

Most of my competitors don't bother so it sets me apart. It lands jobs. Small extra effort, big advantage, might be worth considering.