MIRROR PLAN/LAYOUT

BruceKC

I understand how to reverse a plan, but once the plan is finished and in layout, how do I reverse the whole plan without having to re-work all the elevations and their line work?  I send elevation views to layout using plot lines, and then alter some of the line work to get the look I want.  But I'm not sure if it's possible to reverse everything including the modified elevations that are in layout?  If not, what a pain that's going to be.  Any thoughts?

Hmm....thanks Joey.......I was afraid that was going to be the answer.  We deliver all of our plans (except to the engineer) in pdf format.  I know using adobe I can mirror everything beautifully, but that won't give me the reversed plans to send to the engineers.  I wish this was an easier process, but honestly, coming from 30+ years in Autocad Architecture, Chief is light-years ahead of them, and the support is the best I've ever seen.  So I'll jump in and no complaints.  Thanks again Joey.

• Upvote 1

Don't use the 'Reverse Plan' command.  Draw a line or point in the dead center of the plan and all dimensions ( I usually draw lines 10' off of each side wall as a guide).  Use 'Edit Area all Floors' and reflect about the current point (center line and point).

You still have to clean up elevations and sections but CAD and text stay in the correct position.  It's easier, but not fun.

• Upvote 1