split level addition...wall issues

Jambruins

Attached is my plan. 

I am working on an addition where the roof of a garage will be removed, a 2nd story added and then a new roof with a deck on top of the roof.  There will also be an addition of the back of the garage with the lower level floor, 5'-8" below the garage slab.  Kind of like a split story.  

Lots of different elevations to play with here.

I believe I have my elevations right (maybe not though) and the plan looks right except my section view walls don't look right, some walls are not showing siding and I can't get the deck railing to connect.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

plan.zip

Some of the things in your shared plan file make sense and some do not. Since I do not know anything about your conversations with your client as to their desires, I cannot make but a couple of comments:

1. The top most deck cannot be drawn in the presence of roof planes, you can either remove the roof planes and have the deck supply water drainage or manually pull back the roof planes to allow a proper deck room to be created.

2. The front most spiral staircase has a roof over it-This is not feasible in that stairs must have some "head Clearance" in order to pass code. Currently the top of that spiral stair intersects a roof plane, not OK.

3. other that one and two above the model appears to merely need some clean up and adjusting but without knowing exactly, in detail what you promised the client, I can say no more with certainty.

DJP

I'm mostly looking for help on why the exterior walls don't look right in section views. It's like there are multiple walls on top of each other so the siding doesn't look right.

I will try removing some of the roof planes to get the deck to work. The plan is to install columns that run through the roof so the deck sits above the roof plane. It might be easier for me to use polyline solids instead of the railing tool.