Making changes to all cabinets after the kitchen is drawn by changing defaults

Elliot

I know I saw this in a video  or online class but I cannot find it or remember.  After I finish drawing the kitchen  if I want to add a crown molding by changing all the defaults in the default settings for wall cabinets and full height cabinets, how can I then get all the cabinets which I  drew as the default to get that crown molding applied.  I thought it was automatic which is the idea behind setting up and using defaults. But it is not working.  Or like if I want to change all the cabinet hardware, same thing.

Also how can I add a 6" horizontal filler between the wall cabinets and the crown molding to fill the space up the ceiling on a 102.5" ceiling? 

thanks

Oh I see. I think it was in fact changing the hardware done in the tutorial which they did for all cabinets by changing default.  To add the crown to all cabinets I just select them all and modify them all but it doesn't change the default. thanks for the quick response.  Seems like you are always there for us when we need you! 

15 minutes ago, Elliot said:

modify them all but it doesn't change the default.

For items that are not dynamic defaults I use style palettes. In this case I'd change the default molding, add one tall cab and one wall somewhere. Select the tall cab, make style palette, new, clear all selections, select molding; then click the add button and select wall from drop down, repeat selections. Then use the style palette to spray the room.

I prefix them all with SP and try to reuse where possible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Also how can I add a 6" horizontal filler between the wall cabinets and the crown molding to fill the space up the ceiling on a 102.5" ceiling? 

Sounds like a soffit to me.

Also, if you want to change all of your cabinets that you have already placed, you can always just group select them and change them all at once.  If you marquee select while in wall cabinet mode, you will just select wall cabinets.