Change Default Rendering Technique For Chief Architect 3D Viewer Cloud

DIY_Guy

I'm pretty new to the Chief Architect 3D Viewer Cloud, but have used it a few times this year and found it extremely valuable.

Once viewing a 3D rendering using the 3D Viewer I myself have no issues going in and changing the rendering technique, but I don't want to have to expect the others I share the Viewer with to be able to do so themselves.

I'm wondering if there is a way to ensure that when someone opens up a link I send them to the 3D Viewer that it would automatically open the rendering in 'Standard' instead of 'Basic'?  I'm using X14 Build 24.3.0.84 on a Windows 64-Bit system (MSI Ge66 Raider Gaming Laptop) if it matters.

I've performed a search here on this topic, but came up empty.  I'm guessing what I'm asking to do is not possible, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks

On 10/19/2022 at 7:34 PM, solver said:

Looks like you missed this in the PM I sent, so I'll repeat here.

Everyone here appreciates it when new members complete their signature with some basic info including their version of Chief. Makes it easy for others to locate, and results in you getting the best answers.

You can add that info, Windows or Mac computer etc to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Thanks

I received your boiler plate private message and did perform a cursory review of it.  While I didn't have time to go through and update my profile and signature last night, I did ensure to put the details that you asked that I place in my signature right in the body of the new topic that I started.

...<snip>...

I made updating my signature my first priority this morning, so hopefully it will appear at the bottom of this post.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 10/19/2022 at 7:20 PM, DIY_Guy said:

I'm pretty new to the Chief Architect 3D Viewer Cloud, but have used it a few times this year and found it extremely valuable.

Once viewing a 3D rendering using the 3D Viewer I myself have no issues going in and changing the rendering technique, but I don't want to have to expect the others I share the Viewer with to be able to do so themselves.

I'm wondering if there is a way to ensure that when someone opens up a link I send them to the 3D Viewer that it would automatically open the rendering in 'Standard' instead of 'Basic'?  I'm using X14 Build 24.3.0.84 on a Windows 64-Bit system (MSI Ge66 Raider Gaming Laptop) if it matters.

I've performed a search here on this topic, but came up empty.  I'm guessing what I'm asking to do is not possible, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks

I share your frustration. Personally, I have not found a way to do that. I have written and saved detailed instructions for when I email a link of their model to clients, including to switch the rendering technique, and that there are two ways to navigate the model and to play around with both, and let me know if they have problems. My clients run into more issues with navigating than they do with the rendering technique. Some older folks just never get it. Not enough time spent playing video games I guess. :lol:

1 hour ago, Chrisb222 said:

I share your frustration. Personally, I have not found a way to do that. I have written and saved detailed instructions for when I email a link of their model to clients, including to switch the rendering technique, and that there are two ways to navigate the model and to play around with both, and let me know if they have problems. My clients run into more issues with navigating than they do with the rendering technique. Some older folks just never get it. Not enough time spent playing video games I guess. :lol:

Awhile back a client sent me a 3d concept plan that was much simpler to navigate than Chief's 3d Viewer. It also had far better graphics. I would have been very embarrassed to have sent that client a model using Chief's 3d Viewer. I'm not sure if Chief even wants to keep that app and actually improve it or if we should just all get used to using 3rd party / online apps.

On 10/19/2022 at 7:20 PM, DIY_Guy said:

I've performed a search here on this topic, but came up empty. 

I usually get downvoted when I mention this but here it goes. You might find it useful. 

Twinmotion is free. Export your 3D model there. There’s not much to learn or even do to your model and it will look instantly better. 

Then upload the file to their “3D Viewer”.

It’s much quicker and easier to do. 
It’s a free cloud service they have that’s infinitely better than Chief’s embarrassing excuse of a 3D viewer. 

Do yourself a favour and take the 13.7 minutes it takes to learn this software and you can thank me later. 

Yes, I’ve been told I have a crappy condescending tone in my messages. I apologize, I can’t help it. 

Here’s how to download and a brief intro:

Another pro tip is when you do finally import your first model into TwinMotion and you find yourself staring at a blank screen, just hit the “f” key and your model will suddenly pop into view. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, robdyck said:

Awhile back a client sent me a 3d concept plan that was much simpler to navigate than Chief's 3d Viewer. It also had far better graphics. I would have been very embarrassed to have sent that client a model using Chief's 3d Viewer. I'm not sure if Chief even wants to keep that app and actually improve it or if we should just all get used to using 3rd party / online apps.

Yeah even my truss company uses a better 3D program. My homeowner clients are still impressed because they're not used to seeing anything like that, plus it's a model of their home so that's gratifying to them.

Are you using a third party app?

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

Are you using a third party app?

I use a variety of methods but I can't use Chief's 3d viewer. It's a tool that will send your clients looking for someone else. So, I use 360 images, Orbital videos posted (to Chief or Youtube), 360 tours, and 2d images.

I will look into TM's 3d viewer today!