Walkthrough - Door Open During Video

EmmaCox

Go to solution Solved by Chopsaw,

3 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Not without edition the video or another type of software to shoot the walkthrough.  It works great in Lumion and Chief has talked about adding animation but no timeline for it.

Okay, thank you! :)

1 hour ago, EmmaCox said:

door open during a walkthrough video?

Hi Emma...  

I do open doors via Chief walk trough vid.  How I do it is once I start my walkthrough and approach a door, I pause the recording, open (or close) that door, then un pause and keep on walking.. works perfectly.

door test.zip

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, mtldesigns said:

I do open doors via Chief walk trough vid.  How I do it is once I start my walkthrough and approach a door, I pause the recording, open (or close) that door, then un pause and keep on walking.. works perfectly.

I "solved" this post too quickly lol! Thank you, this is very helpful. I'm fairly new at the walkthroughs, how do you pause?

Once I start my walkdown (I use a 3DConnection mouse too so its more smooth, left hand), I click (with my regular mouse, right hand) on that pull down so the pause button is always on top.. I pause for doors, changing directions or rooms.. Am I ready for Hollywood, no way.. but it communicates what I need to show.

1 minute ago, mtldesigns said:

Once I start my walkdown (I use a 3DConnection mouse too so its more smooth, left hand), I click (with my regular mouse, right hand) on that pull down so the pause button is always on top.. I pause for doors, changing directions or rooms.. Am I ready for Hollywood, no way.. but it communicates what I need to show.

I just have a regular mouse, is there a way to pause during a "create walkthrough path"?

20 minutes ago, EmmaCox said:

I "solved" this post too quickly lol! 

Sorry to be that guy and burst your bubble, but this is not an elegant solution. 
What you end up with is a cut scene where, in one frame the door is closed and then, like magic the door is suddenly open in an instant. 
You might as well fade out just before you enter and then fade in, once inside which I also don’t know how to do in Chief. 

A better approach, which handles both options, is to use Twinmotion for walk-throughs. 
It’s free and way easier than Chief to create a walk through. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Michael_Gia said:

What you end up with is a cut scene where, in one frame the door is closed and then, like magic the door is suddenly open in an instant.

If you did 1° for every two or three frames of recording it might turn out ok but that would be a lot of editing.

7 hours ago, EmmaCox said:

Left toolbar I have an arrow showing, the option is blurred out.

I think that is because you have a plain curve selected - not a Walkthrough Path.

You can convert the curve to a Walkthrough Path by selecting Convert Polyline from the Edit menu.

Or cancel your selection and you can then use Create Walkthrough Path to draw one.

3 hours ago, glennw said:

I think that is because you have a plain curve selected - not a Walkthrough Path.

You can convert the curve to a Walkthrough Path by selecting Convert Polyline from the Edit menu.

Or cancel your selection and you can then use Create Walkthrough Path to draw one.

That is a walkthrough path that was created which has different key frames on it.

Thanks everyone for your help. I have decided to keep the door open as I don't think what I'm looking for is an easy solution or possible without a lot of editing required. Originally I was looking for the door to open as the video walks into the house. Here is the final product just keeping the door open which I think looks good enough! :)

• Upvote 2