Coordinates in the X-Y direction

mtldesigns

Something weird is going on with just this model.  When I (tab-pick) an edge to enter a "X" or "Y" dim relative to the start, like I've always have.. it goes opposite direction.  meaning +Y moves down, -Y moves up, +X moves left, -X moves right.  Moving via transform/replicate there's no problem.  New plans and others are fine, just this one.  Any ideas on the why and how to fix.  I mean.. I can retrain my brain for this model, but just seems odd, after 35 years in design, having to go opposite.  

Some kind of Australian setting, since toilets flush the opposite way too?  haha..

Move edge.png

Have you used Rotate Plan View?

If so, set it back to zero.

In this picture I have Rotate Plan View set at 180deg.

I selected the polyline and dragged it up the screen, hit tab.

Notice how the Y Position is negative value even though I was dragging up the screen.

Beware of Rotate Plan View - have a look at the help file on tis topic as it may not do what you think it does. 

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 11.14.06 am.jpg

39 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

What are you trying to resize

A 3D solid that I am using as a bench seat.  I added a cutout for a hinged sections.  I was adjusting that solid.   

36 minutes ago, glennw said:

Have you used Rotate Plan View?

Like on purpose or ever?  No.. to answer that BTW.. :)   But wouldn't my plan look "rotated" if I did that?  I will look this up because not really aware of it or what it does.

seat .png

49 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

also really surprised that you don't leave polar checked for that action

I though polar was for a rotation.. but I did now just check this and the edge moved like it supposed too.   hmm..

Thanks!

4 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

But wouldn't my plan look "rotated"

Not if you started drawing after the Rotate Plan View was used.

Did you check to see what Rotate Plan View is set to?

Or, select a wall that runs horizontally across the screen, open the dbx, on the General panel, what is the Wall Angle?