Next step after floorplan....

artistwantab

Hey everyone...

Student here....I am just dabbling in this and want to see if its something I want to focus on. 

I have designed some floorplans and really loving the program now that I am getting the hang of things.  I have used a lot of Adobe software.

I have watched a lot of youtube videos. 

Once you have the floorplan down.  What is the next step?  What do you focus on next?

Like I said I am very new at this and have had no education on this software but I know I want to get into the field of designing things.  Just not sure what field.  Just point me in the right direction.

• artistwantab changed the title to Next step after floorplan....

I am confused.

It is about Chief.   I am wondering after you design a floor plan what do you focus on next "in the software" designing the roof? basement?

I am just curious about the process of designing a home with this software.   

Once I have the floor plan done what do you guys do next. 

It may be an ignorant question and I am probably not wording it properly. 

Just learning.

Also when laying out a floor plan a designer needs to be able to predict the 3D geometry of the roof over a floor plan. Especially new or armature designer often miss this important point that the geometry of the floor plan directly dictates the geometry of the resulting roof structures.

When I start a new project the first thing I do is to set all project relevant "Default Settings" in all relevant categories for the project at hand. Then I create the floor plan with its windows and doors, then the roof system, then the foundation, next the terrain plane, then con docs and renderings as required.

DJP

• Like 1