My Elevations are not asking me to update

Stephanie855

Go to solution Solved by DBCooper,

Ever since I downloaded the new Chief Architect I cannot get that little box to pop up when I go to close an elevation that says "do you wish to update your elevation?" It is not updating my cabinet changes...only text and dimensions. This is very frustrating and I end up having to create a whole new elevation. Please help!

Thank you in advance!

• Solution

This is very frustrating and I end up having to create a whole new elevation. 

You're doing it the hard way.  When in the layout, just select the layout box and use the "update view" edit button.

I don't know why this was changed but I suspect that it was because someone complained that they didn't like the question.  You should complain to Chief if you want the question back.  I have learned to live with it and just need to remember to make sure my views are updated before I print.

In order for Elevations to update automatically they must be specified as "Live View" and "Update Automatically" in the "Send to Layout" dbx.

Plot Line views will only update when specifically requested as DB indicated.

It's a matter of personal preference as to how you do it.  If you have a really fast computer with a good RTX GPU using "Live Views" makes sense.

AFAIK there's no Preference or Default for using "Live Views".  You just have to do it for each Section or Elevation you send to Layout.

-or-

Modify it in the Layout Box dbx.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1