Need Weber grilles from 3D Warehouse

GeneDavis

I use Sketchup 2017, the free one, and have no access to most all of the 3D Warehouse.  If you've access and are willing, will you please get and post these three Weber grilles?

1. Weber Summit Gas Grille
  2. BBQ Grille Weber Genesis
  3. Simple Charcoal Grille

I used the exact title of each so search should bring them up.  Thanks.

A year ago or more, Google changed the 3D Warehouse access to be subscription only.  Before that, my Sketchup Make 2017 Free could download anything up at the Warehouse.  It is greatly limited now.  They disabled the Warehouse access that is in the SU 2017.

A subscription is quite a bit more annually than SSA.  So until they figure out how to disable my on-board SU 2017, I'm not going there just to be able to access the warehouse.

From the Components panel, I can browse it, but is not a rich a search as going to the main site.  And while a very few items can import, most cannot.  Why some very few models can import, and not others, is a mystery.

I can bring into Chief anything that has a Collada (.dae) format, which is a lot, but I cannot edit the model like I can if I can bring it into my SU app.

So for example, one of the Weber grilles I brought into Chief has a 2D image of a man in it and I don't know how to edit him out.

Screenshot 2022-10-04 114913.jpg

Ahhh, I see the problem.  There are some symbols that need to be broken down to their component pieces.  I just avoid using those.  I guess it requires the "Pro" subscription to have those capabilities in Sketchup.

I suppose in Chief you could delete the surfaces and then create a symbol of what's left.  That's not always very easy.

On 10/4/2022 at 9:51 AM, GeneDavis said:

but I cannot edit the model like I can if I can bring it into my SU app.

Why don't you just use the free SketchUp app online? I use it to edit symbols for the same reason you mentioned...I only have SketchUp 2017.

3D Warehouse removed models older than 2018 last July ....at least that's what was announce last year , and as Rob mentioned youow need to use the Web-Base App for free access.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/31473-sketchup-3d-warehouse-is-dumping-models-older-than-2018-versions-on-july-27th/?tab=comments#comment-251409

M.