CABLE OR TUBE RAILING FOR STAIRS??

Chris50

Hello everyone,

I use version 8 and I am wanting to know how to use either cable or tube railing for stair railing. Can anyone help me out with this. I have a modern home and this is all that is holding me up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

I don't think you can, at least not very easily. You might be able to create it manually using molding p-lines.  You might be able to create a symbol out of a cable railing used as a fence that is sloped.  You might be able to fake it using some other techniques as well.

You also might want to think about upgrading because this is pretty easy in X14:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01029/specifying-glass-cable-or-decorative-railing-panels.html

Chris, I just opened my X8 and it works EXACTLY the same as in X14: you  turn off "Rails, left and right" in the stair dialog. Then you draw a railing wall on  each edge of the stair object you wish to have rails. You then program the rails to whatever style you wish. Open the railing specification  dialog of each railing wall, go to its "Rail Style" tab and select at the bottom "Follow Stairs".

If the result is not visually correct moving the railing walls with your arrow key until they do display properly will then produce the visual results you wish. I just did this in my X8 so I know what I am talking about.

DJP

X8.jpg

If I recall correctly, one can make symbols in X-8.

In a new plan, per DB, one could presumably make a "panel" by drawing poly-lines with the appropriate spacing. 

Create a symbol while in 3D mode. 

Then utilize the new railing 'panel' per DJP's example.