Greetings

JKEdmo

Greetings,

A very new X14 user here coming from the Autocad Architecture world and some Revit.

I started my first project with Chief and have been quite impressed by the program's features, the company's customer service, and the active user forum.

Just thought I'd say hello and share first impressions.

Jim

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum.

Here is the best advice I can think of, forget everything you thought you knew about cad.  Chief is not autocad (or revit).  It's actually much better (in my opinion) but you have to change the way you think and it can be frustrating at first.  Stick with it and eventually you will be much more efficient.

Start with the videos:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/getting-started/

Ask questions here when you get stuck.  Be sure to include pictures and plans with your posts.  I am always amazed at how knowledgeable and helpful the people on this forum are.

Welcome Jim.

...you may note (in asking general questions) that it's helpful to have a signature w/ the hardware specs.

Lots of times folks will say that they have such and such going on, and many here will go above and beyond to get to the bottom of the issue. 

This often happens quite a bit with renderings for example. You could liken it to someone saying that they can't cut down a certain sized tree when it's not known if they're swinging an axe, or have a Magnum Stihl chainsaw at their disposal. So all this to say, welcome - and at some point, don't be surprised if you get asked for the hardware info.

All the best - and have a great journey with Chief. It's the absolute best drawing software in the industry. 

7 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

Ask questions here when you get stuck.  Be sure to include pictures and plans with your posts.  I am always amazed at how knowledgeable and helpful the people on this forum are.

So agree.  It's amazing to see the generosity. ...and that's very good advise about posting image files - and if need be, a plan.