Frustrated! New user...

BlueDoor

I am very new to the program and have watched several videos but when I attempt to do what the video shows I do not see the same options or for some reason. I have tried to reset the defaults but I'm not sure what to reset. Anyone have suggestions to get specific questions answered? Should I pay for one on one? Call me old fashioned but I want to actually speak with someone!

First welcome to the forum.

Second take a few minutes to update your forum signature to display what version of Chief you are using.

Third, there are several folks her that do one on one training.. It will go a long way getting you started.

Fourth as the software evolves some of the video's & help info may be a little behind theses changes.

Fifth post a plan file when seeking specific answers. Make sure to close the plan file before posting or it will be an empty file.

That said the learning curve is a bit steep at first but you will reap rewards from you study. Read read read.

I prefer the videos as they revel all sorts of good technique if you pay attention.

Good luck..

• Like 1

Are you using X14 and Premier?  If you are not using Premier X14, then you will probably find lots of stuff in the videos that are not in your version.  I think that some of the training videos were recorded in older versions and may have not been updated, so this could also be an issue.  You could always call tech support and complain if you find a video that is out of date or doesn't work.

Is there something in particular that you can't figure out?  Asking questions here is always an option.  Of course, it really helps if you know how to ask good questions and this has a bit of a learning curve too.

When I started, years ago it took me over a year to learn the software to a point where I felt "competent". Your intention followed by study and practice will get you there if you persist. There is a lot to learn (settings, icons, tools and figuring how the software is programmed to work and not work and how you must respond to obtain your products).

DJP

• Like 1

When I first bought the program I bought 4 or 5 hours of one on one training. I used it over the first 3-4 weeks. I would work for a few days and develop questions and pain points specific to my work needs. This was a quick way to get directed help. Chief Architect offers this as well as private trainers that you can find in the Offering Services section of this forum.

3 hours ago, Gawdzira said:

One of the issue you might be having is that you do not have the Extended Toolbar displayed. Go to image.thumb.png.5f53451dc252f44747209828a0445ca5.png

Then toimage.thumb.png.afc88c2eebe3022b9ae8ca3dbddebd9a.png

You might need to import the Extended Toolbar configuration or it may already be in your list.

Or right click on an empty part of the toolbars and change the configuration there.

On 9/23/2022 at 2:13 PM, ACADuser said:

First welcome to the forum.

Second take a few minutes to update your forum signature to display what version of Chief you are using.

Third, there are several folks her that do one on one training.. It will go a long way getting you started.

Fourth as the software evolves some of the video's & help info may be a little behind theses changes.

Fifth post a plan file when seeking specific answers. Make sure to close the plan file before posting or it will be an empty file.

That said the learning curve is a bit steep at first but you will reap rewards from you study. Read read read.

I prefer the videos as they revel all sorts of good technique if you pay attention.

Good luck..

I remember you joining or rather switching design software,,,  you have CERTAINLY mastered ChiefArchitect. We all continue to learn.