Questions on Patios and Mitered Corner Steps

deaconjj

I've been trying to do a mitered corner stair down from a patio to grade; the patio was created as a "slab".  Do corner stairs ONLY work for Decks? If so, do I need to use the deck tool and modify it to a patio? Seems counter-productive...

While I'm asking, what is the best practice for making a patio? convert a polyline to a slab? make a room? Solid? 

Thank you!

There is no need for a "deck" definition. The attached was done with the deck as a "balcony". 

Just make certain that the stairs are twins (of each other) - meaning the exact same specs. 

Get them to touch ever so slightly (at the corner of the 'deck') and presto - they will join and miter. 

While I'm asking, what is the best practice for making a patio? convert a polyline to a slab? make a room? Solid? 

Raised slabs... 

you could always make a poly line - convert it to whatever the stone patio material is - and elevate the height.

There are many ways. I prefer the poly line solid method personally. 

1622348264_Untitled1.thumb.jpg.92553805f6fbee8e910009d4de6156dc.jpgUntitled 1.plan

• Like 1

3D solid as "patio.... 

The benefit to this method (albeit unconventional) is that you can create a hefty stone edge, and get the stone to project past the newels. 

Concrete foundation walls were created for the masonry slab support. 

2051320694_Untitled1.thumb.jpg.61c2660824daebf5a0e6caaa0fa691c0.jpg

• Like 1

I didn't say you should, just that you could.  You are right about the textures, but textures don't always matter.

What I couldn't make work was having 3 rectangular landings stacked on top of each other.  I could only get them to work if they are L-shaped.