How to add exterior recessed soffit lighting

RCE-Solutions

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2022 at 9:26 PM, solver said:

Please take a few minutes and read over the PM I sent. 

I found a thread with your answer on the first try -- you should be able to also. New forum users can help everyone -- us and themselves by learning how to find info on their own. Faster for you, less unneeded work for us.

I have been searching the same question, but have not been able to find an answer.

2 hours ago, DBCooper said:

Place the recessed light inside the house and then just drag it under the roof soffit.  If the height is wrong, adjust the height.  If it's sloped and you don't want it sloped, then turn off the "flush mounted" option.

That's thinking inside the box, innit?  You can place one out in the yard and do the same thing.

• 2 months later...
On 9/29/2022 at 1:57 PM, DBCooper said:

Place the recessed light inside the house and then just drag it under the roof soffit.  If the height is wrong, adjust the height.  If it's sloped and you don't want it sloped, then turn off the "flush mounted" option.

I'm having the same issue, can't get the light fixture to not follow slope of the roof when I want it flat like the soffit.  I don't see where to turn off the "flush mounted" option...

On 9/29/2022 at 10:57 AM, DBCooper said:

One big reason I love reading these questions and answers,  I've been dogged by those damn sloped recessed lights for years, and I never knew there was a way to turn off that follow the roof slope feature!!!  As usual, I don't want to know how long that has been in CA.  But big thank you for your explanation DB.

Too often in these porch situations, if it is not a defined room, those darn lights wanted to follow the roof. Now I know why!

This picture also shows off Rene's creative use of cabinets for casement windows..  If I was Rene, I'm sure I would find a way to put a light in a cabinet and insert it above the porch. :-):rolleyes:

FlushLight.png