Shingles Missing In Camera Views

joeyaccount

Go to solution Solved by joeyaccount,

Thanks Eric for the reply! 

I tried the advice you gave, but it did not restore. ("Delete Surface is temporary. 3D>Rebuild 3D will restore deleted surfaces.")

This likely didn't work because I played with so many other settings (in the last two hours), I knocked it out some place else.  I went into the build roof structures and I can see it still there.  The ridge capping is still there....

Joey

Untitled.jpg

3 hours ago, joeyaccount said:

PROBLEM SOLVED

I did not provide you with the down vote but I think the issue is that you need to choose who helped you the most and award them with the "Solution".

Very bad etiquette to award yourself the "solution" regardless of the circumstances.  Quite likely that red thing will get fixed if you fix your mistake.

• Like 1

Thank you Gentlemen!  With your help I learned how to fix this problem I caused, create a forum signature and create a user profile.

With kind regards,

Joey

PROBLEM SOLVED

Thank you Chopsaw and SH for calling this to my attention.  I am not very good at figuring out how to work the forum site. Both of these gentleman were so kind to help me of which I am very grateful.  I spent a good 2 hours and got no place trying to figure it out on my own.  Eric jumped right on it as soon as I posted.  Charles responded back the exact problem; that I had wrongfully marked the Purlin button.  And then Eric jumped right back and posted instruction pictures on how to fix.  I am so very thankful to both.  Maybe you, SH and Chopsaw can give your opinion on what I should do here.  Much thanks for your replies to help me become a better forum member.

Joey

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, joeyaccount said:

Maybe you, SH and Chopsaw can give your opinion on what I should do here.  Much thanks for your replies to help me become a better forum member.

It seems that it did take two volunteers to help you out to the point that you were able to fix the problem so it might be difficult to determine who helped the most.

It is often said that a picture is worth a thousand words, however a few choice words with a picture is often worth more.  Charles provided that.

The important thing is to remove the "solution" from your own posting.  I will let you decide if you would like to then award that to Charles or Eric.

Keep in mind that marking a solution is optional and you have thanked all participants and you or others have awarded points where points are due.

The only other thing that needs clarification is your signature that should read as "X14". :)