Showing different floors in 3D in x10

heidistokoe

Hello! I am using x10. I am trying to get each of my floors to show up separately in 3D. I.E. when i'm on floor 1 it will show all my walls and no roof, when I go to floor 2 it will then show the roof in addition to the walls. I can't find where I can change how this is displayed in 3D. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Heidi 

7 minutes ago, heidistokoe said:

Hello! I am using x10. I am trying to get each of my floors to show up separately in 3D. I.E. when i'm on floor 1 it will show all my walls and no roof, when I go to floor 2 it will then show the roof in addition to the walls. I can't find where I can change how this is displayed in 3D. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Heidi 

Setup a Layer set for your 3d view that turns off the roof.  Then you can change what level you are on as well.  in X11 at least and it may even be available in X10 (I just cant remember) there is an OOB Layer set and camera view that will allow a "doll-house" view which you are describing.  It is called the "perspective floor overview" camera.

I am not sure if this is what you want...

If you generate a Perspective or Orthographic Floor Overview, you can use the Up and Down One Floor toolbar buttons to change floors while in the 3D view.

The 3D view will display all floors below the current floor, but no floors above the current floor.

ie, if you have a 2 storey house with foundation, you can start off by seeing just the foundation (no floors above), Up One Floor will display both the foundation and level 1 (no floors above), Up One Floor will display both foundation, level 1 and level 2 (no roof), Up One Floor will display foundation, level 2, level 2, the attic and roof.

Although, from your post, you probably don't want to see the floors below the current one.

In which case, you can uncheck Show Lower Floors in the Perspective Floor Overview camera specification dbx (you can also change it in the defaults).

Now you can use the Up and Down One Floor buttons to display only one floor at a time in the 3D view without displaying the floors below or above.