Can't delete

Scotbow

For reasons unknown to me, I can no longer delete: Library items, or Catalogs, entire floors, of a plan. These are the things I've tried.

Not sure what else. The program acts like it's going to delete, I get the warning, acknowledge it, and nothing happens. 

This didn't happen in X12.  Any ideas why in X14? 

Thanks in advance,

Scott

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses. This happens on every plan. Also forgot to mention when working on a plan, if I make changes, ie; add a wall, or object, and then later decide to delete

a wall or object, the program asks if I want to save this plan. No matter my response, yes or no, the program then closes. However if after I just create, or open a plan, and add a wall for example, then delete it right away, there is no issue. It's only after I have worked on several other things, that I can't go back and delete something I did much earlier.

I hope I'm making sense. So if I want to make a change, I first save the plan, then reopen, and I can make any changes I desire. Very strange.

BTW Ryan, no locked layers. Not sure what you mean by, "reference display item"? I have restarted the program many, many times, as you can imagine, with the program closing itself frequently.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, threeutes said:

I AM HAVING THE EXACT SAME ISSUES AS YOURSELF EVEN MORE IN FACT.. HAVE YOU COME ACROSS ANY SOLUTIONS? LOVE TO HEAR IT!

Is this also in X14 ?   If you need an answer before tech support reopens post a plan file that you are having issues with.

I'm working with Chief Architect Premier X12 and, when I'm using the software for a long time and delete something I get the following window (picture attached). It's not comfortable cos I have to click on Cancel to keep on working. The bad thing is the programme removes all my cameras so I have to set them again. I don't know the reason why of this problem.:(

Captura.JPG

1 hour ago, MPDesign said:

Hi,

You need to save the plan your working on. Give it a name and a folder to place it to find later.

I usually save the project on the desktop with no folder. Then I just compress it in zip with all the files used. I'll make a try. Thanks! :)

4 hours ago, marlem2000 said:

I don't know the reason why of this problem.:(

1st thing to do immediately, every time you start a new project, is to save the file with the project name..... especially in older Versions like X12 as it activates the built in auto-save and auto archive function for that Plan.

If an Un-saved plan crashes or the power goes out etc ...you WILL lose everything.... and have to start again

M.

4 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

1st thing to do immediately, every time you start a new project, is to save the file with the project name..... especially in older Versions like X12 as it activates the built in auto-save and auto archive function for that Plan.

If an Un-saved plan crashes or the power goes out etc ...you WILL lose everything.... and have to start again

M.

Many thanks for letting me know, Kbird1.:) Is it enough with saving the project inside a folder or do I have to back up the entire plan?

28 minutes ago, marlem2000 said:

Many thanks for letting me know, Kbird1.:) Is it enough with saving the project inside a folder or do I have to back up the entire plan?

Saving to a local folder is adequate.  Backup plan file is generally used for sharing a plan with another user or securely archiving a final version with all it's associated files.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marlem2000 said:

Saving into a Client's Folder is just fine as Chopsaw mentioned, normally I do a full Zipped backup before I start a new revision though ie R.1 to R.2 , in case something is lost or corrupted or some of your work "disappears" as you accidently turned auto (*something) back on without thinking.....

M.

13 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Saving into a Client's Folder is just fine as Chopsaw mentioned, normally I do a full Zipped backup before I start a new revision though ie R.1 to R.2 , in case something is lost or corrupted or some of your work "disappears" as you accidently turned auto (*something) back on without thinking.....

M.

I saved my project on a folder with all used files but I keep on getting the same problem. :unsure:Another curious thing that happens is that the orbit camera changes. It doesn't move normally when this kind of error comes. Maybe the problem is in my computer. My graphic card is a Geforce GTX 960. It's an old one.

4 hours ago, marlem2000 said:

I saved my project on a folder with all used files but I keep on getting the same problem. :unsure:Another curious thing that happens is that the orbit camera changes. It doesn't move normally when this kind of error comes. Maybe the problem is in my computer. My graphic card is a Geforce GTX 960. It's an old one.

If you do a backup you would then need to open the plan file from the backup.  Do a save as and chief will keep that file linked to the program.

Not really sure about the camera movement but the focal point may have changed or you may need to close the camera and open a new one.

GTX 960 should work fine in X12 but you will want to consider an upgrade for X13 and X14 to an RTX card.

• Like 1