CA's productivity tips

SHCanada2

On 9/12/2022 at 2:32 PM, jasonn1234 said:

middle mouse button on an object corner moves that object to snap the corner to somewhere else.

For what its worth, what you're really doing is just activating the Move Edit Mode in order to use any handle as the move handle.  All the edit modes can be temporarily activated using built-in hotkeys which are shown between brackets right next to the tool under Edit>Edit Behaviors:

Edit Modes.jpg

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

For what its worth, what you're really doing is just activating the Move Edit Mode in order to use any handle as the move handle.  All the edit modes can be temporarily activated using built-in hotkeys which are shown between brackets right next to the tool under Edit>Edit Behaviors:

Edit Modes.jpg

Thanks Michael,  I use a MAC using the MAGIC MOUSE which does not have a middle mouse button...  so the hot key is awesome.....  It was Brian that put on the productivity tip lecture....  I am glad I list3ened in.

• Upvote 1

On 9/13/2022 at 4:28 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

Edit Modes.jpg

OOOOPS,  now that I have the   MOVE icon,  how can I get rid of it?

Thanks

299312473_ScreenShot2022-09-15at9_58_32AM.thumb.png.82e4d31a23775b2771781a97ef43c950.png

26 minutes ago, dshall said:

OOOOPS,  now that I have the   MOVE icon,  how can I get rid of it?

Thanks

299312473_ScreenShot2022-09-15at9_58_32AM.thumb.png.82e4d31a23775b2771781a97ef43c950.png

You’ve inadvertently switched to the Move Edit Mode.  There’s a difference between switching edit modes and TEMPORARILY activating them using the pre-programmed hotkeys.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

You’ve inadvertently switched to the Move Edit Mode.  There’s a difference between switching edit modes and TEMPORARILY activating them using the pre-programmed hotkeys.

Got it ,  thanks......

• Upvote 1

all interesting, hopefully helps others - does me no good because years ago I mapped my middle scroll button to back space and delete -combined with all the hot keys mapped to my 2 multiple button mice which serves me well by staying out of dialog boxes