Reorder/ rearrange schedules (Automatically)

DeLayDesign

Hey Experts.

I'm trying to rearrange a cabinet schedule so all base cabinets are together, all wall cabinets are together and all tall cabinets are together.  I can't seem to find a way to tell the schedule to do this - is it possible?

I know you can move items individually in the schedule.

• DeLayDesign changed the title to Reorder/ rearrange schedules (Automatically)
1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

That should work if the Description column is first.

I had thought previously that the 1st column in the schedule controlled the Sort eg one Client likes them sorted by Room , then Number but in X14 I have been wondering if the 1st Column is now still the Controlling Column? but have been too busy to look into it more...

M.

It looks like schedules will sort automatically based on the first column (that is not the number).  You can also use the label column instead of the description.

The trick is that if you add/modify/remove any cabinets, it probably won't resort.  I found the easiest way to solve this was to just delete it and drop in a new one.  If you have customized it, you can use the set as default first.

Of course being able to sort by any column by just clicking on it would also be handy.

schedule sorting.jpg

15 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

It looks like schedules will sort automatically based on the first column (that is not the number)

Are you saying the Number Column is not considered for sort now? ( ever?) maybe that is what I was noticing recently?

M.

2 minutes ago, robdyck said:

The number of the item is sort of like secondary information, it isn't info. from the object, but from the schedule (about the object).

True the Number is more for easy identification I guess, but several Cabinet Companies I deal with require their Delivery Contractors

to deliver the Cabinets to the Room they Go in , ( so the Installer is ready to go when he arrives ) , so I have been using Floor/Room/Number etc recently,

but maybe there is a better way to do it ? 

M.