Another Pet Peeve, open dvx, auto highlight something

dshall

Pet Peeve #1:  

We went thru BETA,  and I could almost swear if I opened a dvx for door or a window,  the width would auto highlight.  I loved this.  If I open a window or a door dvx,   95% of time I am changing the width,  the auto highlight saves a step,   please  rectify this.

Pet Peeve #2:  

I open up  text block,  the text should be auto highlighted.  If I open a text block,  it is probably because I am going to change the text,  lets auto highlight the text so I can start typing,  a no brainer.    But I will say,  I know for a fact that sometimes when I select a text block and open dvx,  the text is auto highlighted.  Why is it that sometimes it is auto highlighted and other times I have to highlight the text myself.

Pet Peeve #3:

If they say the greens are running at a 10 on the stamp meter,  why are they really running like an 8.  Golf is hard enough without the greens keeper lying to us about the speed of the greens.  Played golf yesterday,  I had a good day,  JC wasn't there,  but I think I have to play golf with him next Thursday,  maybe I will come down with the flu,  I can only hope.

• Upvote 1

You can use your tab key as well as your arrow keys, and the home and end keys to very quickly get what you want. 

To me it would make sense to have the top "tab" highlighted which is the case whenever I open a door dbx, however with a window the "window type" is highlighted.  From there it only takes one hit of the tab key to get to the width, however one way or another it should be a little more consistent. 

With text I get the exact same inconsistent results as you.  I would much prefer to just have the cursor activated at either the beginning or end of the text rather than have it all highlighted (in which case typing anything essentially deletes EVERYTHING), however, again...something consistent.

OK, so here's one of my pet peeves.  But I have so many......

If the cabinets that my company has started to sell can be provided with a face frame like this (totally customizable), why can't Chief produce the same thing?  My ordering software can specify any number of openings up to 8 in any set of dimensions that I might want.  Those can be specified as Open, Drawer, Left Door, Right Door, Butt Doors with overlays of 1/4", 1/2", 1-1/4", 1-3/8" or Inset. 

It's ridiculous that I can order anything with a manufactured tollerance of 1/16" but Chief can't even do it graphically.

post-47-0-94593500-1394857104_thumb.jpg

You can use your tab key as well as your arrow keys, and the home and end keys to very quickly get what you want. 

To me it would make sense to have the top "tab" highlighted which is the case whenever I open a door dbx, however with a window the "window type" is highlighted.  From there it only takes one hit of the tab key to get to the width, however one way or another it should be a little more consistent. 

With text I get the exact same inconsistent results as you. 

THANK YOU,  IT IS INCONSISTENT,  SOMETIMES ALL THE TEXT IS HIGHLIGHTED AND SOMETIMES NONE IS HIGHLIGHTED.  I WONDER WHY THAT IS

I would much prefer to just have the cursor activated at either the beginning or end of the text rather than have it all highlighted (in which case typing anything essentially deletes EVERYTHING), however, again...something consistent.

NOT ME,  I WANT IT ALL HIGHLIGHTED,  97% OF TIME I AM CHANGING ALL TEXT.

Thanks Michael.........