The remove portion of RAILING FOLLOW STAIR challenge

dshall

7 minutes ago, dshall said:

What method did you use….  That looks good.

1. Select upper stair and uncheck automatic heights.

2. Copy upper stair to 2nd floor

3. Select railing and check No Room Def. and uncheck Pony Wall.

4. Cut / paste railing wall to 2nd floor.

5. On the 2nd floor, drag the stair slightly wider so the railing recognizes and follows it.

6. In section view, edit the polyline for the 2x4 wall between the stairs. I made a copy of the wall type and made the main layer 'Drywall 1" (not framing).

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2022 at 3:28 PM, dshall said:

This is the:

The remove portion of RAILING FOLLOW STAIR challenge.

I have provided pics of what I want to do plus the plan.  

The first person that accepts and solves the challenge wins absolutely nothing except for my appreciation.

Thank You.

Scott -

Break the railing pony wall at the where it intersects with the wall with the door @ the first floor.  Make this section of wall "roof cuts wall at bottom".  Place a ceiling plane...which should trim the wall. You will probably have to clean up things with a solid here and there.

2022-09-11_19-02-42.thumb.png.3341120cb5b3cd16fa59c6972846d7e4.png2022-09-11_18-57-23.thumb.png.6e89eb86fffca1174d5ca5964246eb89.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dshall said:

Thanks Steve,   I did not think of the roof cuts bottom option and ceiling plane.

Scott, notice that this method will force build a double newel post at the wall break location. You may be able to remove those in the Rail Style tab for Start/End Posts.