X7 Chief Blueprint Font Changed?

BenPalmer

Preferences>Appearance>Font>Legacy Text Conversion, etc.

This might have some use. Before you upgrade to a new Chief version, rename the Chief_Blueprint.ttf to Chief_Blueprint_old.ttf. Then install new Chief version, open the Preferences dbx, and select Chief_Blueprint_old.ttf for Legacy Text, Legacy Dimensions, and Legacy Material Lists.

I'd don't know for sure if this will solve issues, but it may be worth exploring.

I have an idea! Possibly..... can you just delete the chief font all together.....and when you open a file Iin chief) that has it in it, it will prompt that it cant find the font and then give you a selection box asking you to replace it with a selection.

I think I have seen this happen when I open old chief files where I dont have the font on this computer.  (It is a chief prompt)

Not sure if this will work but it just popped in my head.

Thanks Justin.  I mentioned that in one of my previous posts.  I think that is the way to do it.  But it goes to show that Chief can do it universally, but we don't have access to that functionality without tricking it.  I'll probably give that a try if no other solutions present themselves.

Thanks Justin.  I mentioned that in one of my previous posts.  I think that is the way to do it.  But it goes to show that Chief can do it universally, but we don't have access to that functionality without tricking it.  I'll probably give that a try if no other solutions present themselves.

What will be interesting is to see how this flows though annosets and defaults....

Who wants to try first :D

I never really like the blueprint version.  I have changed all my default to a font call Handdf Double or Grafite Std.  Much better look to my drawings from being an old school drafter like I am.  Now if someone could just help me figure out how to change the library symbol of of an outlet jack to look more like the ones I have been using in AutoCAD for years I'd be a happy camper.

• 1 month later...

Same situation in the release version.  They install the font all over again, so it looks like we have to update to the old font, or change the font back to what we want with each update?  Maybe it's just the main release and the font won't be part of the patches in the future?  Guess we'll find out when the first patch comes out.  Thanks again for everyone's input.

• 1 year later...

The .ttf font file in the new version of chief blueprint was changed in spacing. So here is how to solve the problem:

1.go and copy font file of older version of chief.

C:\Program Files\Chief Architect\Chief Architect Premier X6 (64 bit)\resources\fonts

2. paste the .ttf (font file) to

C:\Windos\Fonts

it will ask you if you want to overwrite the file. click yes to replace it.

Restart your program and it should be back to normal.

if you can't find the font file message me and I can email it to you.