Plaster Hood 3D Symbol?

sea_lyons

13 minutes ago, solver said:

How about just making one?

Lol, I knew this was coming. I did try using polyline solids. This was my first ever attempt at building something from scratch so I'm not sure that I approached it in the best way. 

- Built a box for the base.

- Added another box on top, which I then used the arc tool on.

- Added another box on top of that and used the subtraction tool so that the arc would carry straight up from the middle. 

The arc turned out jagged? Attaching a screenshot. Like I said, not sure I approached it in the most efficient or effective way. 

image.thumb.png.1002b89239c1aaaa45d656c2da36a304.png

22 hours ago, MarkMc said:

Sorry, did not read your signature, was just fiddling while watching the tube. Download the trial, open it and see whats up, export the symbols in a 3d format and import them into 13. (then upgrade :)

Thank you for this!! I'll have to figure out how to put a hole in the bottom of the solid so I can add an insert like you did. Baby steps lol. The general shape of the hood will do for this current project though.

Much appreciated!

P.S. Chief wouldn't let me export anything without upgrading. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi @sea_lyons we recently released a selection of hoods that might get you a little closer. We can look at adding a few more options that are more similar to the profile you are trying to achieve, but you may also be able to paint plaster materials over some of the details to approach the look you are going for.

Kitchen Vent Hoods

Also, these cabinet brands include some wood hood options that could also be painted different materials.

Aristokraft

Bishop Cabinets

Bridgewood

Custom Wood Products

Crystal Cabinet Works

Decor

Diamond

Dura Supreme

Kemper

Legacy Crafted Cabinets

Merillat

Mid Continent Cabinetry

NatureKast

Schrock

Yorktowne

Wellborn

Wood-Mode

These brands include Hood Liners:

Fisher & Paykel

Miele

Sub-Zero - Wolf

Zline

• Like 2

On 10/13/2022 at 1:58 PM, Chief_Content said:

Hi @sea_lyons we recently released a selection of hoods that might get you a little closer. We can look at adding a few more options that are more similar to the profile you are trying to achieve, but you may also be able to paint plaster materials over some of the details to approach the look you are going for.

Kitchen Vent Hoods

Ah. Just purchased and then realized I can't use any of them bc I only have X13. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @sea_lyons, I hope you were able to figure out your licensing. Some of the catalogs previously listed should be available for you X13 license. Hopefully there are some useable options for you.

I also wanted to share that we did a 2nd pass on the Kitchen Vent Hoods catalog to include a few plaster options as well. This update is still only available in the X14 file format.

Good luck with your project! I hope it turns out beautifully.