Error: Maximum number of custom library buttons reached.

misterwiley

I've never run into this problem myself but I only use a handful of custom buttons.  I'm not sure what the limit is but it doesn't surprise me that there is one.

How many do you actually have?  Do you have more that are in other views or other toolbar configurations?  Maybe the limit is for all views and all configurations rather than just for the plan view toolbar you are trying to add one for. 

What does the "check knowledge base" button tell you?  When you delete a button, have you tried restarting the program to see if you can then place another?  Maybe the program is holding on to the one you deleted while you are still running.

On 9/4/2022 at 11:07 AM, DBCooper said:

I've never run into this problem myself but I only use a handful of custom buttons.  I'm not sure what the limit is but it doesn't surprise me that there is one.

How many do you actually have?  Do you have more that are in other views or other toolbar configurations?  Maybe the limit is for all views and all configurations rather than just for the plan view toolbar you are trying to add one for. 

What does the "check knowledge base" button tell you?  When you delete a button, have you tried restarting the program to see if you can then place another?  Maybe the program is holding on to the one you deleted while you are still running.

Max is 200, they lifted the max in X12 and then deprecated in X14. I got it written down as a bug by 3 engineers this pat week in Idaho.

For the OP, probably just a computer restart is all that’s needed. 
Or…

you have more custom library objects on another toolbar configuration.

On 9/7/2022 at 8:08 PM, Renerabbitt said:

Max is 200, they lifted the max in X12 and then deprecated in X14. I got it written down as a bug by 3 engineers this pat week in Idaho.

For the OP, probably just a computer restart is all that’s needed. 
Or…

you have more custom library objects on another toolbar configuration.

Yeah I found a stray toolbar that had a handful on it and deleted them and was able to add more. Strange though. I hope they lift the maximum allowed again. I'm getting into style pallets which are awesome for making custom toolbar shortcuts but do require a lot of custom library objects.

Thanks guys!

12 minutes ago, misterwiley said:

Yeah I found a stray toolbar that had a handful on it and deleted them and was able to add more. Strange though. I hope they lift the maximum allowed again. I'm getting into style pallets which are awesome for making custom toolbar shortcuts but do require a lot of custom library objects.

Thanks guys!

Ha, you dont have to tell me, I sell my custom toolbars with a ton of style pallets that us custom cabinet door symbols and millwork symbols to include decor etc.. Saves me a ton of time