Need 'Room Fill' through doors and doorways.

BenPalmer

Room STD Polyline Tool works, Interior Walls it cuts 1/2-1/2 , so doors would/may need some editing depending on your needs, it however covers exterior Walls too, though easy to snap back to inside of wall. The Room Polyline works too but maybe more work notching all the doors though. ( and in X14 in your plan it sometimes requires the notch done twice to show the Hatch for some reason ? )  One disadvantage is they make selecting Items under them hard.

Floor Material Regions ( with a Fill) will notch at Int. Doors automatically but have the side effects , like being seen in 3D , and it seems they remove the finished floor material even if set not to cut the parent surface and are set to a 1/16th thick material of Opening-No Material or Insulation Air Gap ( both invisible ) , see below, this was done in a Chief STC template Plan as you Plan has something odd going on with the Floors , so the one Click Material Floor Region does not work......

image.thumb.png.29af8d525c24d698f8f9a1ca70c00607.png  image.thumb.png.5b2cf6afa9261457f7137473f0800cf0.png image.thumb.png.3c5f71d9fe67400d2d8867bc6b45a1a3.png    image.thumb.png.6ecddd7bb3d6a2ecb8b822a8e3e408b5.png

M.

• Like 1

Thank you for your suggestions and efforts...much appreciated.

So in short, Chief can't fill the openings the way I want it to with 'room fills'.  I was really hoping to avoid all of the polylines as I believe the room fill is much faster (multiple select, match properties, no editing etc), but as you all mentioned, less control where the polylines have complete control.  Attached is what the entire plan looks like with Room Fills...but as you can see, the doorways are white....in some places that's fine, but would prefer the fill....I'll play around with it some more to see if it's worth the effort.  Thanks again.

test-screenshot of chief pdf-from acrobat - Copy.jpg

8 minutes ago, BenPalmer said:

but as you can see, the doorways are white

it maybe easy if needed to make a couple of wall width cad blocks with your normal Fill colours to " Patch Doors " with ( use Invisible line Style ) as I don't believe we can control the Door fill color.

M.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

it maybe easy if needed to make a couple of wall width cad blocks with your normal Fill colours to " Patch Doors " with ( use Invisible line Style ) 

Thanks...that may be faster than controlling each room polyline, and I had a similar thought...but as you can see there are quite a few of them...so, while it is a good option, I was hoping to avoid...guess I'm lazy, haha.  I like to call it efficient.  Sounds like a feature request.  Thanks again.

7 minutes ago, BenPalmer said:

Thanks...that may be faster than controlling each room polyline, and I had a similar thought...but as you can see there are quite a few of them...so, while it is a good option, I was hoping to avoid...guess I'm lazy, haha.  I like to call it efficient.  Sounds like a feature request.  Thanks again.

Block a bunch of them off this Project and save to library perhaps in Color groups?  for future Projects

M.