NEW VERSIONS THAT MUCH BETTER?

gobuildone

I am running Chief X8 ,  Windows 10 Pro,    Microsoft Surface Pro3, 8GB Ram , i7 chip.

CA has been buggy forever.  It will just lock up when displaying Perspectives, or rotating them too quickly, or when switching from one layout page to another in layouts with more than maybe 20 pages.  Layouts will constantly shrink perspectives when I return to a layout page and I have to resize again.  Also the system will not print a pdf of many layout pages and I print in smaller chunks.

My RAM checks out fine on the computer.   

I only draw what I build, so maybe 10 drawings per year.    As such I don't want to buy a new computer or another new version of CA if it will not fix these issues.  This is not specific to any single drawing, but it is more prevalent in large complex drawings.   Is this normal in newer versions of CA or did a past version upgrade fix these issues if they were inherent in x8 or later/previous versions? 

Thank you,

Todd P.

Upgrade quicker!

Rent or use a trial version if you have to.

At 10 designs per year, it would only cost you the equivalent of a couple hours of design time (or less) each month. You are spending much more time than that not having it.

The software is not perfect, but focus on what it does do well without glitches. It melts my butter.

Best,

Charles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gobuildone said:

It will just lock up when displaying Perspectives, or rotating them too quickly, or when switching from one layout page to another in layouts with more than maybe 20 pages.  Layouts will constantly shrink perspectives when I return to a layout page and I have to resize again.  Also the system will not print a pdf of many layout pages and I print in smaller chunks.

i do not have those issues but it is a rare day i do more than 20 pages in a layout