Automatic Snap to Center of Intersection of Exterior and Interior Walls

dbkb0227

Hello Everybody. I have a question and I have a feeling there's a simple solution but I can't seem to find it. I have two different exterior wall styles. There's an interior wall that intersects the exterior walls. The ends of the exterior walls automatically snap to the center of the interior wall, (represented by the red line). I need the ends of the exterior walls to line up where the blue line is so that there is equal amount of wall space on both sides of the windows, (see elevation). It seems like the only way I've been able to achieve this is by pulling the interior wall back away from the exterior walls. I hope I made sense of all of this. Thanks in advance for the help!! 

Wall Edit 01.jpg

Wall Edit 02.jpg

Try copying the Interior Walltype and turn on Partition in the Definition at bottom right, and see if it helps , sometimes this is helpful,

but it can sometime have other side effects so you may need to cut the wall say 4' from the exterior wall so the whole wall is not a "Partition"

M.

• Check Partition Wall to prevent walls of this type from cutting through the surface layers of floors, ceilings, and other walls.

Try using a Room Divider Wall in place of the blue line - you may have to move the room divider away from the corner a bit to get it to work.

Then snap the end of the thicker wall to the room divider.

You can then move the room divider left and right to drag the end of the thicker wall.

Your wall definitions will make for a pretty crazy junction.

You may then need to use the Edit Wall Layer Intersections tool to clean up.

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 9.09.39 am.jpg

• Like 1