Heel height and fascia height

AndrewSopher

9 hours ago, jasonn1234 said:

No,

I align the fascia per Micahel_Gia's note.

The truss details I have seen from a truss company are filled with 16's of an inch measurements. I specify the heel height based on CA's Truss detail, by taking a p2p measurement from that detail. This gives the truss company everything they need to know, heel height, pitch, dimension from wall to wall from normal floor plan, and eave dimension.

However, I have had calls from the truss guy asking if the eave dimension is from the top plate edge, or from the sheathing, and does it include the sub fascia, fascia. But some contractors like the truss to end at the sheathing, so, i have a note leaving it to them to figure out the eave/overhang portion. The critical measurement here is to outside of fascia, as there are building code regulations to property line.

And from talking to framers on the "where to land the subfascia/fascia", it is not exactly like the pictures, they will line up the corners one way or another, and some of it is not pretty

You should also check out the Build roof dialog on how to maintain same height eaves:

• Check Same Height Eaves to keep the eave height for all roof planes the same. Roof planes are raised and lowered as needed so that eaves meet correctly.

The eave height used when this box is checked is that of a roof plane using the default Pitch and Overhang values. When this box is checked, all roof planes are affected, including those that do not need adjustment in order to align with adjacent planes.

When Same Height Eaves is checked, any non-default overhang values specified in the Wall Specification dialog are used. Roof planes are raised or lowered so that the eave height is the same, regardless of the horizontal overhang.

image.thumb.png.baee4fc92207795f43dd66477943fb55.png

image.thumb.png.adc3e3a24a52c62c247413575b9ff918.png

Thanks so much for sharing, I will take what you said into account for matching eave and fascia heights!