Brick Bleed Thtough?

ACADuser

Changed the wall layer in the wall dbx to White Brick & that solved the problem.

Thanks

Not sure if that changed the library wall specification too or just the one in the Drawing.

It would be changed per plan.  The best way to handle this without changing the existing Wall Type is to create a new wall type and edit that one.  It will automatically be given the same name with ", copy" added.  Just rename the new Wall Type to what you want.  If you want the new Wall Type to be available for other projects you can add it to your user library.

Thanks Jon, added to my Bag of Tricks. Although I don't understand most of the setting in Cameras as I am new to render & Ray trace.

Joe, Thanks, I changed the wall type so I would not have to change all the walls in the drawing.

I will add a new wall type to the Lib for the next Drawing.

You probably blended the paint color with the brick texture.  The default mode for the material painter is to blend colors (which I always find annoying).  You can change the paint mode using the edit toolbar when you click on the painter tool to replace the material instead.

Also, I never use the material painter on walls.  It always does strange things.  Especially if you make the mistake of doing the outside of the building.  If you do accidently paint your walls, you can always paint them again with the "use default" as the material to go back to the default.  If you really want to change just the color of a wall, and not anything with the structure, I would either change the room material in the room dialog or change the wall surface material in the wall dialog. 

As for changing the brick walls to painted walls, I would always use a different wall type for this.

• 5 weeks later...

How about while doing a walk through regarding issues with z fighting.  I'm doing a rather large plot...an aerial view with 7 structures on it.  You can't "Edit Active Camera"...it is greyed out in this case.  Any pointers?