arched gable end wall

cjanderson66

21 minutes ago, cjanderson66 said:

How do I create an Arch in a gable end wall.  I have a client who wants an Arch at the end of the porch.  Do I have to do this with a shape in CAD and them paste it?  If so then it is not part of the attic wall.

?????

Or are you looking for something like:

image.thumb.png.eac22ac5e80a994b977aaa9f6aadf9c9.png

35 minutes ago, solver said:

Ryan's images don't show a arch in a gable wall.

Maybe you are asking about the roof?

A picture or drawing would help communicate your customers idea.

@cjanderson66

Remember that unless automatic attic walls is turned off Chief will create an attic wall up to the roof from your prescribed room specifics so you just have to create the Barreled or Arched Roof.

1 hour ago, rgardner said:

so you just have to create the Barreled or Arched Roof.

Or use an Arched Roof Plane to Control just a Wall making it look like the Wall's Cap.

( this may not be the OP's situation though , just saying it works... )

M.

5 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Or use an Arched Roof Plane to Control just a Wall making it look like the Wall's Cap.

( this may not be the OP's situation though , just saying it works... )

M.

Yup that would work if he just wants a parapet wall that is arched.  I believe he was asking for a full arch barreled roof from the little information given.

1 hour ago, cjanderson66 said:

No more like a barrel vault at the bottom of a gable end wall...

I am sorry it is obviously a regional terminology issue as no one seems to know exactly what you are looking for.  Can you please provide a picture or a rough sketch so someone can help you figure out how to accomplish what you want.

I think that could be done by placing an arched opening in the wall.  Make it tall enough to cut into the attic wall.  You can then drag the top of the wall down to where it does not show.  It will still generate the attic wall.  There may be other ways to do it besides this one.

arched gable.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, javatom said:

I think that could be done by placing an arched opening in the wall.  Make it tall enough to cut into the attic wall.  You can then drag the top of the wall down to where it does not show.  It will still generate the attic wall.  There may be other ways to do it besides this one.

Excellent I will give that a try