Text wrap in schedules

rlackore

In X13, multi-line text in Object Information Fields displayed as multi-line text in Schedules:

922210841_ScreenShot08-19-22at09_21AM.thumb.JPG.65afc746999cfa4a32d095d7e0111b15.JPG

In X14, multi-line text in Object Information Fields displays as a single line of text in Schedules:

137629189_ScreenShot08-19-22at09_16AM.thumb.JPG.dad709d9331d332b2d8da2aaadca8ff9.JPG

I hope there is a Preference of Default setting that controls this, because I depend on multi-line behavior for my Schedules. Any help or insight is appreciated.

2 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Edit your column widths right on the schedule.

Gene, that means the width of the column will always be dictated by the cell with the longest single line of text.

638070672_ScreenShot08-19-22at09_39AM.thumb.JPG.1f297b7e3a076e077599f630e303555e.JPG

In X13 resizing columns wasn't necessary. Why did the behavior change?

13 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

OK, I tried it in X14 and the wrapping works for me.

Thanks for confirming that it should work. I also tested this condition in a OOB template, and it works correctly. There must be a setting or other variable that controls the behavior, that I haven't discovered. If you find what it may be, please post it here. Thanks!

Robert, I understand that I can force the text wrapping by adjusting the column width. In X13, this wasn't necessary. I like all my schedules with equal overall widths, so automatic text wrapping is important to me. Okay, maybe that's a bit OCD, but my frustration is that it worked in X13! Why the change?

28 minutes ago, rlackore said:

Robert, I understand that I can force the text wrapping by adjusting the column width. In X13, this wasn't necessary. I like all my schedules with equal overall widths, so automatic text wrapping is important to me. Okay, maybe that's a bit OCD, but my frustration is that it worked in X13! Why the change?

Ahh, I understand your dilemma now. Why the change? Maybe someone from Chief could weigh in on why adjusting text boxes in X14 is now a full time job. Like I've said before, when it comes to the X14 upgrade (and SSA), Chief is either charging waaaay too much or nowhere near enough.