Skirt Roof - Fascia Not Showing

EmmaCox

Go to solution Solved by SNestor,

Hi Joey - I don't use the auto roofs, I just draw them manually with "roof plane". What do you mean by "full return" is that an option in the settings I need to uncheck? I just tried deleting and re-drawing but same thing is happening. I also just tried on the other side of the garage, same thing but also weird it worked fine by the porch. See screenshot (very rough right now).

Screenshot 2022-08-19 093036.png

• Solution

@EmmaCox - You should be able to use auto roof return. This option is in the wall edit dialogue. See screen clip. 
I can't comment on whether this "glitch" is due to the plan being started in a previous version...but, a simple roof return as you show in your screen clip should work in X14.

2022-08-19_10-36-20.thumb.png.ef212ccdbd9e13285d0115608bf077fd.png

1 hour ago, EmmaCox said:

Hi Joey - I don't use the auto roofs, I just draw them manually with "roof plane". What do you mean by "full return" is that an option in the settings I need to uncheck? I just tried deleting and re-drawing but same thing is happening. I also just tried on the other side of the garage, same thing but also weird it worked fine by the porch. See screenshot (very rough right now).

Screenshot 2022-08-19 093036.png

I believe since you are not using auto roofs that you may have to remove all roofs and redo it.  I would start with the roof planes adjacent to these and see if it fixes.  What Joey is referring to with full return is an option for that wall you can select that allows auto roofs to build that function.

1 hour ago, EmmaCox said:

I don't use the program to it's fullest capacity

You should consider using Auto Build for Roofs , it will generally get you 65-85% of the Way there and then turn it off and make your Changes/fixes as needed.

It is worth setting up the RWDs ( Roof Wall Directives ) and any pitches not at the default Auto Build pitch as needed 1st though....

image.thumb.png.937e468087e26cb08b891d452ad1ed4a.png

19 minutes ago, EmmaCox said:

Hi Mick - I will give it a try, thank you!
Also thanks Joey and Ryan, your input was helpful!

There are quite a few Free Videos on Roofs and also a lot of info in the KB in the form of Short Tutorials on Roofs ,

I always let Auto do it's thing 1st, get it as close as possible on Auto and in a 3D Camera do a check ( select Wall change directive as needed),

then turn off AutoBuild and finish it up.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/playlists/95/roofs.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/category/34/roofs.html

Mick.