Flat Elevations With Retaining Walls To Match Floor Heights.

VikingFan84

Hello, I am inexperienced with using the elevation and terrain feature.  I want to have a flat elevation about 6" below my baseboard in the lower level and then I want a different leveled elevation a couple inches below the garage door and other front facing walls.  The multiple elevations can be separated by a retaining wall.

I've tried to draw elevation lines but have found they result in a slope which I don't believe I'm looking for, or if so I'm not sure exactly how to make it.

I've attached 3 photos which show that my base terrain is at the level I want for the lower level.  I believe it's set to 81" elevation pad.  I now want to create different regions with raised elevations and retaining walls between but am not sure how to accomplish this. 

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks.

post-3440-0-39726500-1422039940_thumb.png

post-3440-0-32586300-1422039943_thumb.png

post-3440-0-89489700-1422039945_thumb.png

I recommend using elevation regions for each of the differing levels but there must be a small gradient change between differing levels,I mean you must expect some transition space from level to level.

You draw the region and then open its dialog and set its height for the space it controls , using  just elevation regions alone you can get done what you need and want.Try it and see for yourself (it won't bite, much)

DJP

I recommend using elevation regions for each of the differing levels but there must be a small gradient change between differing levels,I mean you must expect some transition space from level to level.

You draw the region and then open its dialog and set its height for the space it controls , using  just elevation regions alone you can get done what you need and want.Try it and see for yourself (it won't bite, much)

DJP

Thanks I think this is the method I'm looking for although I haven't found too much success yet.  

Attached is how I've layed out my regions.  The 2nd picture shows one of my problems.  Raising the red section (garage) for some reason affects the complete opposite end of the house (Yellow).  

I've searched for a fairly simplistic elevation guide but most tutorials and the like deal with seemingly more complex issues than I think I need.  

As always any insight would be greatly appreciated.  

post-3440-0-80756600-1422050035_thumb.png

post-3440-0-29584100-1422050040_thumb.png

It's quite easy to get vertical changes of level.

You can use either the Terrain Break or a Terrain Retaining Wall.

Draw either and then place a small Elevation Line at the top and bottom of the retaining wall or Terrain Break with the appropriate elevation.

Retaining Wall on the left, Terrain Break on the right.  

post-106-0-93893300-1422058715_thumb.jpg

It's quite easy to get vertical changes of level.

You can use either the Terrain Break or a Terrain Retaining Wall.

Draw either and then place a small Elevation Line at the top and bottom of the retaining wall or Terrain Break with the appropriate elevation.

Retaining Wall on the left, Terrain Break on the right.  

This is what I'm looking for.  So I have a terrain perimeter set to an elevation of 81" (which is actually low just below the basement siding).  I draw a terrain break vertically (does it need to go through both ends of the perimeter or could I just draw one 10' long for example?).  Then I draw two elevation lines (crossing the line, parallel with the line, on top of the line?) and set them to the elevation I want.  I haven't worked much with elevations and seemingly missed the tutorial video.  Thank you for the responses.