Screened Porch

KilianDrafting

I use the glass block molding polyline method for my screened porches. Is there a way to have the material not see through in elevation views as before in previous versions? I'd rather have some opaque hatch, its cleaner for the construction doc elevations. I don't want to see railing balusters on decks beyond or stone facing on walls

Glass Block Screen.pdf

5 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Use windows in a wall.

Thanks for the help! When placed as a window it does solve the transparency issue in elevation, however this seems more tedious than just a room molding polyline. Also, what about the guards when the deck is over 30" to grade? With the polyline I can place my support posts where I need them, turn off the newels and still have the balusters shown in 3d views.

16 minutes ago, KilianDrafting said:

however this seems more tedious than just a room molding polyline.

What can I say...I'm a tedious kind of guy. I model it exactly like it will be built. Screens have a frame, they aren't attached to nothing around their perimeter, so I use windows, plus I don't want to see through them in elevation view. Sometimes I use a pull down / motorized screen.

If you prefer your method, simply make a copy of the screen molding line, and use a copy of the material that isn't transparent. Place them on 2 different layers and use the solid material for elevation views, and the transparent material for 3d views.

7 minutes ago, robdyck said:

If you prefer your method, simply make a copy of the screen molding line, and use a copy of the material that isn't transparent. Place them on 2 different layers and use the solid material for elevation views, and the transparent material for 3d views.

That is exactly what I did as a quick fix! Just hoping I didn't have to include that extra step. Thanks for the help, I'll try your window option. I prefer to model as it will be built, but as much as people change decks/porches it just seemed like an area I could shave some time off without sacrificing too much. Thanks again