Determining where a file reference is coming from?

OldBarnDesign

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

Hey all,

My layout file is referencing an additional .plan file in a different project. I'm not sure what I did. I know how to determine which plan it's referencing, I just don't know what element it's needed from that other file. Is there a way to figure that out so I can decouple it?

Thanks!

Can you post a screen shot of the error message you are receiving? 

It sounds like there is a .plan file on the layout that is not saved in the same folder as the layout.  You probably can't see it, but you can find it by going through page by page and clicking on each page until your "click" highlights an empty box and you can then delete.  This has happened to me in the past after I've deleted an old plan but forgotten to delete it off the layout.

Thanks for the replies, y'all are great. Here is a screenshot... so if I start Chief fresh and open the MOGL-House.layout file, it realizes it needs both the MOGL-House.plan file AND the unwanted .plan - Live Oak Farmhouse.plan. It finds and resolves just fine, and actually opens both referenced files it depends on and shows them in the project browser. What I want to figure out which thing in my layout it's using from that Live Oak Farmhouse.plan. One idea I guess would be to temporarily move the Live Oak plan to somewhere else so that it doesn't find it and see where the empty boxes are?

plan.jpg