Wall Material Sq.m ?

simonas

Lets say I have three walls in a room with different materials:

1st is wall paper,

2nd is painted

3rd is tiles

what s the easiest way in Chief to calculate total sq.m for all these different materials. And what is the easiest and most convenient way to add these materials to the walls? is it to break walls and use painter or use wall covering for each wall. I got confused about information in a material list. It doesn't show tiles on walls, just plasterboard  

you would have to have different wall types for each different wall combination. Then you may be able to calc but I gave up on materials list years ago as it was never right and was so hard to follow.

Well , it's not just me then ... :) 

• Upvote 1

you would have to have different wall types for each different wall combination. Then you may be able to calc but I gave up on materials list years ago as it was never right and was so hard to follow.

what a hell? how Chief can present Chief "Interior", when you don't even see wall material sq.m per room? 

1. I want to see sq.m for every paint in a project and every wall paper in a project. We have flooring and ceiling... why we don't have walls?

2. molding length in a material list should be reduced when you install cabinets, doors, doorways etc.

3. Allow to paint one wall only!!!  

4. Paint or wallpaper or whatever you choose should be assigned easily on each room on each wall.

I would rather paint for walls separately then cut/rename walls just to isolate one. 

Preferences>Master list- select only Interior trim.

Select each wall from elevation>select wall>wall specification>wall covering>add new 

Plan view>materials list>calculate from area.

Drag to select bedroom with materials list 'label' = materials list

Note: I place info in manufacturer column. This is done when the wall is selected in elevation....Components>

The materials list has been saved to project Browser>Materials List

post-127-0-56649600-1422105343_thumb.jpg

Room Materials List.plan

There is a bug. Not sure if its mac only. I use Mac version. In Interior trim there is no sq.m. for wall covering when you choose "Calculate Materials for Room". It goes work however when you select "Calculate from Area". Can anyone with mac confirm this?

So I asume the easiest way is now to cut walls, so every room has its own wall, then apply wall covering to every wall separately. This is nightmare... shame.

I wish Material Painter had an option "Apply as wall covering" for single wall and all walls in the room... or something like that.. Please Chief!

post-1751-0-88653200-1422127617_thumb.png

1. I want to see sq.m for every paint in a project and every wall paper in a project. We have flooring and ceiling... why we don't have walls?

3. Allow to paint one wall only!!!  

4. Paint or wallpaper or whatever you choose should be assigned easily on each room on each wall.

I would rather paint for walls separately then cut/rename walls just to isolate one. 

Simonas,

My first advice is to NOT use the Material Painter to paint walls.

Better to use another method like a new wall definition or a Wall Covering.

You can add a Wall Covering on a per room or per wall basis - including a single wall in a room, or multiple walls in a room.

If you want to apply a Wall Covering to only selected walls in a room, you can do it by selecting just those walls and add a Wall Covering.

If you add a Wall Covering to the ROOM, it will calculate in a Material list for the Room.

If you add a Wall Covering to a WALL, it will not be included in a Room Material list - you need to use a floor or area material list.