Ok, I'm stupid.

DKDesigns

19 minutes ago, DKDesigns said:

What is the difference between Home Designer and Chief Architect? Other than a major price difference.

In oversimplified terms:

Home Designer products (made by Chief Architect) is a DIY homeowner product.  Although the Home Designer Pro has a lot of functions (more than the other two HD products) and can do most basic work it is still made for DIY users.

Chief Architect Premier and Interiors is a professional grade product for Architectural Designers, Architects, Engineers, Interior Designers, Kitchen & Bath designers, and are made to be used for professional users.

• Like 1

if you are doing construction documents all the time,  I think you would spend more time in HD Pro fiddling around than what if would cost for premier, where Premier you can setup the templates predone with elevations, floor plans, details. I do a lot of the same form factor, and can "redo" a new floor plan in a couple hours with a complete layout set

I started at the low version, quickly realized for full blown construction docs and the like, its a no brainer to Premier.

Unless you are doing stuff like kitchen/bath remodels only, then things like Shapes 2020 will have connections to the manufactures for super fast quotes. I learned in that game, its different.