Help Sharing a Plan - General Q&A

sdavidson

Hello, 

I have been using this system for about a month now. I was wondering how I send an "example / rough draft" to someone for a preview without them being able to just take the plans.

A contractor I work for said that he has seen the words "not for construction" across the plans in light red from this same system. 

If any of y'all couple help I would appreciate it!

• Use the Text tools to put something to the effect of "Not for Construction" or "Preliminary Design" on your rough draft layout.  If you put it on page 0 it will show up on every page automatically.
  • Be sure to take advantage of the Watermark to have your company name displayed on your layout.   Bottom right corner is a good location to place it.
  • You can make a pdf of your layout to send to a client by sending your layout to print, but print it to pdf instead of sending it to a printer.
  • There are other options for sharing designs with a client, like 360 degree views or the Chief 3d Viewer app, but making a pdf of your layout is easy and quick.

As Eric mentioned, it is really helpful if you could include what version of Chief you are working in and what your computer specs are.  This is helpful to anyone trying to answer your questions.  Different versions of Chief often have different answers or work arounds.  Thanks!

• Like 1

As everyone else has said, Print to PDF and setup a good watermark. I have one plastered all over but faint enough to not make it annoying to read the plans. I haven't had any complaints.
image.thumb.png.4b59a71b3a2e147ecb0b8f90a1df2be8.png
Our first (rough) drafts to clients usually have the watermarked PDF, a link to the 3d viewer model, and a couple of screenshots of a quick PBR.

Similarly, I have a few "sample"/"example" plans for clients that ask to see what our work may entail that are watermarked with most details, notes, and dimensions removed.

Get accustomed to always using that watermark button when printing off any pdfs for clients unless it's a final set that they've paid for.

• Like 1