Roof overframe help!

Larry_Sweeney

I have a very simple plan for demonstration. I first framed roof planes "B" as the "original" roof. I then highlite roof planes "A", go into specifications, check the overframe dbx. and the sheating dbx.. After that I click on the "Build framing for selected object" at the bottom of the screen. After doing what should be a very simple task I get what is shown in the attachment, which is what I got in X13. WHAT AM I MISSING? This is very frustrating. Anyone opening the plan and asking CA to overframe onto roof plane "B", are you getting the same result?

One other question, if I may. When I backed up this file to post it with "all reference files" the .zip file for this simple plan was almost 12 megs. When I backup the file with no reference files it was only 972 kb. Can anyone explain to me in simple terms where the heck all these "reference files are coming from? I have a fairly decent system, but X14 is so S-L-O-W at times it drives me to way too much coffee as the day progresses. Could this be part of my "slowness" problem? As always any and all help is much appreciated.

OVERFRAME .jpg

ROOF OVERFRAMING TEST.zip

44 minutes ago, Larry_Sweeney said:

One other question, if I may. When I backed up this file to post it with "all reference files" the .zip file for this simple plan was almost 12 megs. When I backup the file with no reference files it was only 972 kb. Can anyone explain to me in simple terms where the heck all these "reference files are coming from? I have a fairly decent system, but X14 is so S-L-O-W at times it drives me to way too much coffee as the day progresses. Could this be part of my "slowness" problem? As always any and all help is much appreciated

Have a look at the file.  There is likely a bunch of materials and saved pictures and PDF's.  If those are in use in the plan file then yes that will effect performance.  Not that you can do without though as some will be default.