How to fix a texture alignment issue

OldBarnDesign

Go to solution Solved by Chopsaw,

Hi folks, wondering if there is a better way to fix this texture alignment issue below. Two different surfaces, same material, the textures don't align. I know that you can horizontally and vertically shift the texture in the material definition but that shifts the texture on all surfaces not just the problem surface. Brute force fix would be to copy the material and horizontally shift the copy until it aligns, but I would hope there is a better way. You would think you could just shift the texture on the problem surface, because I would imagine from a computer graphics perspective, this is just a texture coordinates issue.  

Thanks,

Cody

Misalign.jpg

• Solution

See if Global Symbol Mapping fixes it.

• Check Global Symbol Mapping to map the texture and pattern using the same origin on all objects. When unchecked, the origin is defined individually for each object.

Thanks for pointing out that little check button. Actually, the problem was that it WAS checked. If I uncheck it then I can modify the texture just on that surface and was able to fix it. I would have never guessed "Global Symbol Mapping" = "Same texture coordinates," then I went and RTFM'ed that option and there it is... I swear I search and try to find the answer before asking a question here, and sometimes it just sits under your nose. Thanks again for the quick help!

Cody

Doh.thumb.jpg.5bb958c5031875b59627a62961f74b68.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OldBarnDesign said:

Thanks for pointing out that little check button. Actually, the problem was that it WAS checked.

Your welcome and you may have even taught me something as I would have suspected that it needed to be turned on not off.

• Like 1