No electrical legend

Qualita

Hi, I have just started using chief architect. I am looking for the electrical legend but I can't find it. I have seen many videos and discussion where they show the location on the library but my version seems to not have legend. 

Does anyone know if it does not come on the catalogs anymore or how can I get it?

1 hour ago, Qualita said:

I don't have that option. No CAD blocks and no Notes & Legends. 

chief.png

Then I guess you are not using Chief Architect or Interiors ? but one of the Home Designer Products which is why we ask you to fill in your Forum Signature so we can tell.

If I am right you should be over Here :   https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/

On 8/6/2022 at 2:01 PM, Qualita said:

I have chief architect interiors X14.

I believe I have heard before from a Client that Interiors does NOT include the CAD Library  ( no cabinet glass reflection Lines either ) and 

had forgotten that earlier but you can create one from an Electrical Schedule .......

Group Similar objects if you have place more than 1 of each item in a Plan ,  then convert the Schedule to Text and then Block it and save to your library.

Assuming of course that Interiors has the above Options

Comparison x14-Premier vs Interiors-feature-matrix.pdf

7 minutes ago, Qualita said:

but now I can't put it in the layout. 

It is best to put the Schedule in a CAD Detail if possible ( assuming INT. has that option? - sorry I have never used it , only Premier )

and then send the Schedule to Layout , this gives a little more control over placement and Size , vs placing the Schedule in a Plan View and sending it to Layout with the Plan View.

Mick.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

Surprised that no one is suggesting to simply use a schedule and set the parameters necessary to create your legend

That's what 1/2 the Thread is about starting at Post #6 ...and it worked :) 

*** I have also since posting in this thread found Chief's Block is it is available in some of Chief's Sample Plans in the Gallery , eg Nashville. Austin etc ( Select  > copy to your Library.)      and also in the Chief Challenge Plan  at the link below.....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/27760-free-webinar-lighting-and-electrical-plans-ceu-credit-eligible/?tab=comments#comment-222400

M. 

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

That's what 1/2 the Thread is about starting at Post #6 ...and it worked :) 

*** I have also since this thread found Chief's Block is it is available in some of Chief's Sample Plans in the Gallery , eg Nashville. Austin etc

Select  > copy to your Library.

M. 

I skimmed right past it Mixk, my apologies

• 8 months later...

900418880_Screenshot2023-05-07at12_48_55PM.thumb.png.8e160b0bc79beaa9cbd3fa8ed10e306c.png

I'm trying to represent a three-gang box with 3, three-way switches, two of them also have dimmers. I added my own text to the 3-gang switch symbol in Chief to denote this scenario. What's the best way to customize the electrical schedule if I have a custom combination? Or do I fake it and drop a screenshot at the bottom of the schedule and add my own text next to it? Or better yet…are there more electrical switch symbols I'm simply not seeing in Chief for this combination?

Thanks in advance. I'm new to interiors and Chief.

Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 1.06.56 PM.png

Edited by slynndesign
adding an image