Roof will not overframe

Larry_Sweeney

I'm trying to overframe a roof to show the shoe plate in a framing overview along with the plan roof framing layout and CA won't overbuild it showing the shoe plate or the rafters cut correctly. I can't find much info as far as a video or something in the "knowledge base" that might show something I'm missing. What info I have found seems like all you do is check the overframe dbx. and check what you want to frame it too along with the size of the shoe plate. I started this project in X13 and moved it into X14, if that might be the possible problem. If someone could steer me toward more information or show/tell me my problem it would be greatly appreciated.

shoe plate build.jpg

Roof Plane Specification dbx..jpg

plan view.jpg

DB..............I actually have three areas on this project shown with renderings to easier visualize. All of these areas are where I would like to overframe and CA won't do it correctly by not showing a shoe plate or "cutting" the rafters correctly on any of them. None of these three areas are not complicated to me. 

REAR VIEW RIGHT.jpg

FRONT VIEW.jpg

REAR VIEW LEFT.jpg

Make sure the base roof plane extends under the areas you want to over-frame.  ;)

Chief needs to know there's an overlap.  Typically if you build the roof planes using the automatic tool there won't be any overlap.  All roof planes will join at the valleys.

• Upvote 1