I need to calculate room square footages to give to our supplier to order flooring. I noticed when room areas are displayed along with the room labels, it is not calculated to the interior of the walls. Walls seem to be included, and some rooms seem to be different than others on how the calculation is done. Is there a way to adjust how these room calculations are done? Or do you have other advice on how to get this information for flooring square footages? The only options I have come up with so far are drawing a bunch of polylines in all the rooms or doing the math with the dimensions, and I was hoping for something easier.
Simple question I think. I just cant seem to figure this out.
How do I create a Text box with my plan areas?
- When I use %room.name%: %room.area.standard%, this gives me what I need. But I can not move the text out of the room.
- when I have 2 porches, can I add the two areas together on another "total porch" sq.ft text line?
- Do I use Standard Area Polyline? If so, what is the correct macro to read it, such as living area, garage, porches, etc.
I can use stand area polyline, and then add correct macros to the label of each. Then move the label to the side in a list. But is there a way to accomplish this in 1 text box, reading each area respectively. What about adding 2 porches into 1 total porch area?
Here is what in 1 text box:
total Heated Living: sq.ft.
total Garage: sq.ft
total porches: sq.ft.
Then I can send this text to layout where I need it. Any help is appreciated.
I am using Chief Architect Interior X9.
I have few questions regarding material quantity, is there any CA options that can easily give below quantity numbers.
1) How do I calculate sqaure feet (area) of plywood/wood used in a furniture ?
2) I want to calculate wall area that needs to be painted, How do I calculate area of wall inside a room ?
3) If I have applied wallpaper/wall covering on certain wall, how do I calculate square feet (quantity) of wallpaper used ?
Instead of manually calculating areas of such items, is it possible to get them in button click. When you design you select & give dimension to these materials, so CA has all this information. How do I get these numbers out ? It doesn't make sense to calculate them manually.