X6 slow printing

Ridge_Runner

Running the current update of X6. I have started from scratch with new Template, Annotation Sets, Layersets. Started new plan in X6 - did not bring one forward. Simple plan - walls only; no fixtures; no windows or doors; no roof; only exterior and interior walls with auto dims and some manual. When I go either to the page setup or the Print option, it takes a long time to ever get to the dialog boxes; the dreaded Windows "wait" symbol is active for 30-60 seconds or more before getting to a dialog box. This was a clean download with the current update 16.2.0.47x64. X5 never had this problem.

Dimensions:

Added an Interior "string" of dimensions. X6 will not display the arrows (using tick marks) for any of the interior walls - only the two on the exterior walls. If I turn "Suppress Wall Widths" on or off it doesn't matter; the wall widths will turn on or off, but not the tick marks. Cannot find any setting to correct this. No problem in X5.

[edit] - I just changed the tick marks to arrows - they show up fine - go figure.

Toolbars:

What happened to the "Child" buttons displaying on the main toolbar. Now it appears they only reside on a separate toolbar. I know how to change from "drop down" to "child" but what gives with this separate toolbar to keep up with? I am surely missing something or is this a Mac thing that doesn't seem logical to a Win user?

Thanks for any feedback. Not bashing X6. Just don't want to upgrade backwards.

The dimension arrow problem has always been like that.

The arrow or tick size has to be smaller than the wall thickness.

The child tools have been replaced with the Tool Palette which works much the same way as previously.

I have docked this Tool Palette under my top toolbars which is close to what we had previously.

Thanks Glenn. I have been using tick marks for dimensions for years; never had a problem. With X5, it worked fine. With X6, after reading your reply, I set the tick marks down to 3" and they worked. You are right, Glenn, but I wonder why I never had a problem with the larger arrow settings before?

Also, Glenn, in X5 my main toolbar would display the child buttons below the parent buttons; pick a parent button and the child buttons would change accordingly. I believe I created that toolbar. It doesn't work like that using Chief's "Architectural Features" toolbar that displays right out of the box. I will experiment and create another toolbar similar to what I used in X5 and see how that one works.

Thanks again, Glenn.